To add options to an existing product type, follow these steps:
- Go to Catalog > Attributes.
- Press Create New Attribute.
- Fill out all required fields.
- From the Input Type menu, select List.
- For the Attribute Type value, select the Option check box.
- From the Data Type menu, select Text.
- In the Values field, enter the name of an option.
- When finished, press the ENTER key on your keyboard. Create as many options as you like.
- When finished, save.
- Select Product Types the top of the page.
- Select the product type you would like to add the options to.
- In the Options section, press Add.
- Under the Attribute heading, select the attribute you just created.
- Under the Values heading, select each value you would like to add to the product type.
- If you want to ensure that administrators who create products of this type always configure applicable options, select the Required by admin check box.
- When finished, press Done.
- Save the product type.
Now, when you create a product, you can apply your new options to it.